DrySyn Vortex overhead stirrer
DrySyn Vortex overhead stirrer system offers our customers the ability to work with higher viscosity materials in parallel, where magnetic stirring is not strong enough or where materials could be damaged by the grinding effect of a magnetic stirring bar.
A mechanical gearbox converts the drive of one standard overhead stirrer motor into 3 shafts for powerful overhead stirring, with heating provided by any standard laboratory heating plate.
The DrySyn Vortex perfectly compliments the standard range of DrySyn MULTI inserts for round bottom flasks, from 100 mL up to 500 mL.
Analytical Innovations, previously located at the University of Huddersfield under the group name IPOS, examined the mixing capabilities of the DrySyn Vortex overhead stirrer system and concluded the instrument as a useful addition to any laboratory conducting parallel synthesis. Have a look at the evaluation report shown on our “Downloads” tab and view the video too!
One example of where this system has been used with great effect is in the laboratories at Parogle Technologies Ltd. Here the chemists exploit the structure and novel 3D shape of their polymers to provide products with superior properties in a wide variety of applications from paints and lubricants to pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
- Operates with only one overhead stirrer for up to three 500 mL round bottom flasks
- DrySyn Vortex has two drives: Direct drive & reduction drive
Choose which suits your chemistry with easy changeover between the two.
The reduction drive enables use of less powerful overhead stirrer motors, or use with high viscosity applications.
- Perform multiple reactions with one overhead stirrer, whilst maintaining a compact footprint
- Accommodates up to 3 x 500 mL round bottom flasks
- Compatible with DrySyn MULTI 100 mL, 250 mL & 500 mL inserts
- Temperature range: up to 200 °C
- Speed range: 50 – 500 rpm
- Excellent stirring for viscous solutions
- Reduces grinding effects on solids
- Complimentary system also available to suit beakers; the DrySyn Vortex Blend.
- Also optionally available with a cooling base.
UK / Europe / Global Delivery
Developed in collaboration with our clients / Bespoke design service
Committed to developing sustainable & practical improvements for scientists worldwide
Martyn Fordham, MD