The Hydrogen+ series are cost effective solutions for delivering hydrogen gas with safely built into every component.
The cylinder free system eliminates the expensive gas infrastructure and storage/safety concerns, and required only de-ionized water to produce a constant supply of high quality hydrogen gas.
The Hydrogen+ series are the preferred choice of laboratories requiring on site hydrogen generation with quality, reliability and safety. Hydrogen+ series feature low power consumption, rapid start-ip and high quality gas (99.999%).
Applications: In the past helium has been used as a carrier gas through the capillary tubes but as it gets more expensive the next best gas is hydrogen. In the past connecting a hydrogen cylinder to a capillary tube has been a big NO in case the tube breaks and hydrogen enters the oven. With the generators not only do they have a very small internal volume but if they detect a pressure drop on the outlet they seal off the outlet and stop producing. This feature makes them more acceptable to GC carrier gas, as well as the fuel gas of course.
Looking totally long term once paid for over 3-5 years the generator should still be there in 10-15 years time with maintenance so the benefits are longer term. Plus how much will a cylinder of hydrogen cost in 5 or 10 years time, it will be higher and so will the delivery costs.
Companies buy generators for various reasons:-
1. It is a capital equipment purchase and off-set against corporation tax, where as renting a cylinder cannot be.
2. Be greener, do away with deliveries on trucks each week and instead produce your own gas.
3. Cylinders are 300 bar in pressure whereas the generator is 7, so less dangerous, insurance is lower etc.
4. Handling cylinders and liquid gases isn’t always good and people need training, this is removed with generators.
5. Long term costs, but really dependant on how much they pay for gas now, as it differs a lot, the payback period they want.
6. Convenience, so the generator runs and forget about it ever running out like a cylinder does.
7. Calibration – some instruments need re-calibrating when you change a cylinder over which takes time, you don’t need to with a generator.