Today is International Coffee Day and Mike from Asynt sure loves his coffee. He has just got his hands on a new pouch of Square Mile Coffee “Caballeros” which has been going down very well!
As an ex-chemist, and a massive self-proclaimed nerd, Mike makes his drip coffee as if he was running a reaction, weighing out and grinding 18 g of coffee beans before adding boiling water in a 17:1 ratio to brew the perfect cup in precisely 3 minutes and 30 seconds! Of course, it has to be drunk out of his Asynt mug!
As someone who hasn’t been allowed caffeine in over a year and can’t even have a decaffeinated cuppa, today involves a lot of envy from Asynt’s Kirsty! There are a whole heap of benefits from coffee (providing you don’t over-indulge) though according to sources such as Healthline.com such as:
- Caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter in your brain, which causes a stimulant effect. This improves energy levels, mood and various aspects of brain function.
- Several studies show that caffeine can increase fat burning and boost your metabolic rate.
- Caffeine can increase adrenaline levels and release fatty acids from your fat tissues. It also leads to significant improvements in physical performance.
- Coffee contains several important nutrients, including riboflavin, pantothenic acid, manganese, potassium, magnesium and niacin.
- Several observational studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of type 2 diabetes, a serious condition that affects millions of people worldwide.
- Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of cirrhosis, which can be caused by several diseases that affect the liver.
- Liver and colorectal cancer are the third and fourth leading causes of cancer death worldwide. Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of both.
- Coffee is rich in powerful antioxidants, and many people get more antioxidants from coffee than from fruits and veggies combined.
Whatever kind of coffee you’re drinking today, we hope you enjoy it! Let us know if you’re desperate for one of our stylish Asynt mugs and we’ll see what we can do!